Background

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Our Honeymoon (Part II)

I know I know, it's been forever since I wrote about the honeymoon and said I would finish... let's see how good my memory is.

For part one, visit this blog: Our Amazing Honeymoon

The third stop on our trip was Mahogany Bay, Isle Rotan in Honduras.  This part of the trip, we had scheduled a Snub adventure.



Snuba combines what is easy about snorkeling with the experience of breathing underwater like scuba.  Dave had done it before and that's all he had talked about and said he wanted to do it again, so we did... a bunch of us actually took the on the adventure together. 
Jeff, Mandy, Bobby, Dave, Chaunte, Mike, Ryan & Allison
It was so awesome.  You have an oxygen tank floating above the water with airlines that go about 50 feet deep. I had some trouble getting deep the water though cause my weigh belt wasn't heavy enough so one of the instructors had to help me halfway through to add more weight then I went straight to the bottom.  The place we went to has a photographer and took some awesome pictures for us....




After our Snuba adventure, we headed back to the main part of the island and checked out some of the bars before heading back to the ship.



Our fourth and final stop was Grand Cayman, a place we've been before. It's actually the place we told his mom we got engaged! 
One of my favorite pictures from our honeymoon
Here, once again, we didn't have any plans. We just decided to do some shopping, walking around, eating and of course, drinking.
Kelly, Susanne, Chaunte' & Debbie (My Moms!)
 No stop could be complete without going to Margaritaville -- This one has a pool and waterslide inside... pretty awesome.



During our stop at Margaritaville, Dave disappeared for a while and I admit, I got really upset because I was waiting on him to order food.  I was starving!! He was gone for about 30 minutes and then I saw him come back to a different table with some of the other group with us and he hung out there for a while.  I was so frustrated... at that point, I just decided to order.  Dave finally came to the table, and had a surprise for me.  Before going to the restaurant, we had stopped in the Pandora jewelry store for his mom.  I fell in love with their charm bracelets... and really wanted one but Dave had left his credit card on the ship and we had to tender to get to the island, so it was pretty much impossible to get back to the ship in time.  Dave and Kelly had actually snuck down to the store, and bough me a bracelet!




Our final day on the ship was much like our first full day... relaxing by the pool, buying last minute gifts, more putt putt and checking out the finale show, which one of our friends got to be apart of.  We had such a great time and hated to see it come to and end.  Now that's it's January 2012, we are already making plans for our next trip to sea! 


No comments:

Post a Comment