Background

Friday, April 23, 2010

My Matron Of Honor

I want to tell you all a little about my bridal party ....like our background, when we met etc etc.


My Matron-of-Honor is Suzanne Burnett.

Suzanne and I met back in 2007 at WTLX. I started there as an assignment editor. She was the 6 p.m. producer. I really couldn't tell you when we hit it off and really started talking.
I just really remember her being their for me during some really rough times around December 2008.

We'd always hang out together at going away dinners for other co-workers and we'd talk a lot at work because he desk was right in front of mine.

Like I said, Suzanne and I always talked every day at work and even after she left and I'd be stuck there til after the 11 p.m. news, we'd call to talk ..okay not really talk but gossip more. =) It was last May when my best friend left me and accepted a job as a producer in Jacksonville, Florida. But hey I can't blame her, I left there a few months later.

Even though she's 5 hours away now, we still talk just about every day..even if it's just an email or on Facebook.

She's had some rough days over the last few months, so it's been great to be able to help her out just like she did for me.

Suzanne's been a really great friend to me and I'm so thankful for that. She was the first person I called as soon as the cruise ship pulled back into port and I turned my phone on. That was when I asked her to be my Matron of Honor.

Even though she's now in Florida, I've got to see a few times since she moved. She came all the way up to go to dinner with us back in January for my birthday and I recently saw her at one of our old co-workers' wedding in Columbia.

Suzanne is such an amazing person with such a big heart. I'm so lucky to have her as a friend!



1 comment: