Background

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Bridesmaid: Krystle

Last but not least...my final bridesmaid that will stand by me on the most important day of my life is Krystle Ludwig Yozzo.
Krystle & her acceptance letter to USC

Krystle and I met last May on the day her and Joe (her now husband) were moving into their apartment in Charleston.  I felt like I already knew her since I heard Dave talk about her and Joe so much.  Dave & Joe worked together for a while, but Joe then moved back to Conway with family, met Krystle, fell in love and then moved back to Charleston.  Dave and I stopped by to see if they needed any help with anything and we went to dinner together that night.

Throughout the summer, we hung out plenty of times..going to the beach, having game nights, doing dinner together, etc etc.  Things between Krystle and I just clicked and we hit it off. The only downside to the both of them... they are Clemson fans.

The day of Dave & I's engagement party in Columbia was on Halloween.  Carolina was playing Tennessee and it was a week before I moved down here.  We called the party "Dave & Chaunte's Engagement Halloween Football Going Away Party."  Clemson also had a home game that day against Coastal Carolina (which is actually where Krystle graduated from) so Krystle and Joe weren't gonna be able to make it to our party.  To my surprise, they stopped by in Columbia on their journey across the state! I was so happy to see them!

While Krystle and Joe were still living in Charleston, she was working at David's Bridal so I made an appointment with her to help me find my dress.  Having someone I knew help me find the one made things so much easier and less stressful.  This was also the day I asked her, along with Melissa to be in the wedding (see Wedding Dress Shopping) Thanks girl for all your help that day.

Another great moment the two of us had together is when Krystle asked me to be in her wedding.  One of her bridesmaids would not be able to make it, so she asked me if I would be the final member of her bridal party. We had such a great time at her bridal shower, bachelorette party and the entire wedding day.
For her bachelorette party in Myrtle Beach, some of the other girls who were out with us wanted to call it a night, but Krystle wanted to keep the party going.  So the two of us headed out Broadway at the Beach to shut down the clubs.  And on her wedding day, the two of us spent the morning together getting last minute things done.  One of my favorite parts of the day... taking Krystle to get her nails done for the first time. =) Classic moment between the two of us.

Now the Yozzo's are living in Columbia as Krystle will begin working on her PhD at USC (GO COCKS!) in the fall. Best of luck to her on that!



No comments:

Post a Comment