Background

Thursday, March 10, 2011

I'm So Impatient!

 Well the invites are done... all 161 of them.. addressed, stuffed with invite & RSVP card and direction card, stamped and sealed.... Melissa and I spent about 2 hours finishing them up yesterday.  Now I have to wait and I'm a very impatient person, especially when it comes to waiting.  Proper etiquette says to mail out invites 6 to 8 weeks before the wedding.  So if I send out 2 months in advance, that means I have to wait until March 21, which is a Monday. I would like for invites to start arriving that date, so I'm thinking I will mail them out sometime the week before... but man, the wait is killing me.  It's like all the envelopes are sitting in the box just staring at me.  I think I also just want to get them out to start getting RSVP's back.  I love checking the mail and I can't wait to come home and go to the mail and find out who's coming and sadly, who can't make it. 


An a side note, planning for my bachelorette party is underway.  It's set for Saturday, April 16th. My wonderful matron of honor Suzanne is doing all the planning and I've asked her to keep it all a secret.  I don't want to know what's going on. I hate surprises but I think this is one I can deal with. It will be here in Charleston and I'm super excited for it! 
 

I also have another bridal shower schedule to by my Charleston bridesmaids. I feel so loved to have 3 bridal showers.  My second one is coming up next week in Columbia. 
The ladies of the church I grew up in are hosting it.  It's during the middle of the week though since I'm still working weekends so I was worried none of the bridal party would make it, but I was wrong.  My childhood friend/bridesmaid Amanda will be there. She's in vet school and is in Columbia for the entire month of March.  Dave's Mom and Kelly will also be able to come up since they live in Augusta now. I'm looking forward to it.


Need to Do:

  PAY OFF VENDORS
 Meet with Carol for catering 
·            Update flower list with Sandra
·             Download wedding ceremony music  <-- started
·             Meet with DJ – list of “to play” and “not to play” songs
·              Measurements for Guy Tuxs <---4 Guys Measured...4 More to go...
        Make Appointment for Alterations
        Have beads fixed on dress <- Pick up in 2 weeks
·              Bridesmaid Order Dresses 
·              Must take picture list < -- started working on
        Send Envelopes to Susanne to be addressed
·              Go to post office to weigh invitation
·              Schedule hair trial <-- had to reschedule, made appointment for Bridal portraits
·              Figure out who’s doing my makeup
·              Apply For Marriage License
       Send photographer disc of pics for guest book  <-- Photographer has ordered!
       Water Bottle Labels
P     Put Together Invites
       Mail Out Invites <-- Can't wait!!

   Need to Make:
·              Card Box 
        Rhinestone Cake Topper
        Tears Of Joy Packets 
·              Programs
·              “Day Of” wear
·              Emergency Kit
       Envelope Liners
        I Spy Game Cards
      
   Need to Buy/Order:
·            Clear Labels for Return Address
·              Postage for invitations
·              Pick out other gifts for Bridal Party
·              Sand/ Sand Ceremony Frame set
·              Dave’s wedding band <-- need to go shopping for
·              Garter
·              Sparklers, Ribbons & Container
·              Pen for guest book
·              Koozies 
·              Parasols 
·              Flutes & serving set <-- mom is ordering this week
·              Solemates – heel covers

No comments:

Post a Comment