Background

Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Road To The Aisle

Things are really starting to come together.. I know I just blogged the other day but I've gotten so much done since then.  I think it helps I've only worked 2 of the last 6 days.  (I had a normal weekend off then got back on my regular schedule, so I worked Monday & Tuesday this week, and was off again on Wednesday & Thursday.)  Anyways...

I wanted to share what I've gotten done.  One of the big checks... Dave finished our photo card box.  I wanted to post pictures and instructions on how I did it since so many knotties on The Knot boards have been asking, but I can't find the pictures I took of Dave working on it when here started...So instead here's a link to the blog I followed....The Road To The Aisle We did just about everything the same, but instead of using L Brackets, we used Hing Brackets. I hope this helps if you want to do the project. It's a lot of fun and is a way to get the fiance' involved.






Another thing started and almost done, the wedding invitations!!! Dave's mom did a wonderful job with the calligraphy . She brought them last week and I couldn't wait to get the liners done...so right after they left on Sunday I got started!  She has 20 envelopes she still has to send to me for last minute additions and corrections.  Once I was done with the liners, I couldn't wait.... I went ahead and added in all the invites. 

Then yesterday Dave and I went and had the direction cards printed up. Since we're getting married on a military base, there's some extra steps our guest will have to take to get to the ceremony. That plus the address for the Officer's Club doesn't come up on Google Maps or in my GPS, so we wanted to make sure everyone knew where they were going. After that, we went and got the invitation weighed and purchased stamps for the invites and RSVP postcards... Don't get me started on those stamps.... Let's just say the post card stamp prices are going up during the month of April, right in the middle of my RSVP timeline. So the cards have two stamps..one with a polar bear..the other with a tiffany lamp. Not my dream stamps for my wedding invites. Anyways... I got home and couldn't wait (once again) so I started putting stamps on the RSVP cards and matching the cards with the correct envelopes. We numbered our RSVP cards to match up with our guest list in case someone forgets to put their name.  Now I will finish up the rest next week with one of my awesome bridesmaids, Melissa.  I can't wait to get the invites out in the mail and on top of that, start getting RSVPs back!!

Another project I started and I'm so excited about is our "I Spy" game/cards for the reception.  I just came across this the other day and think it would be fun and super cute. The wonderful Martha Stewart started the trend..
You have cards at all the tables and you just have random things from your reception for people to take pictures of, like "The Photographer Taking a Picture," "The MOH Helping the Bride," " The Newlyweds Talking With Guest," etc etc  I'm excited about it!



I'm so excited the big day is almost here. I can't wait to celebrate let alone go on my awesome honeymoon!




Taking Care of The List:

Need to Do:

  PAY OFF VENDORS
 Meet with Carol for catering 
·            Update flower list with Sandra
·             Download wedding ceremony music  <-- started
·             Meet with DJ – list of “to play” and “not to play” songs
·              Measurements for Guy Tuxs <--Papa & Dave have been measured, other guys have been sent info
        Make Appointment for Alterations
        Have beads fixed on dress <-- dress is dropped off
·              Bridesmaid Order Dresses < -- DONE!
·              Must take picture list < -- started working on
        Send Envelopes to Susanne to be addressed
·              Go to post office to weigh invitation
·              Schedule hair trial <-- going to see my stylist next week
·              Figure out who’s doing my makeup <-- My good friend Brittany has agreed to this, along with doing hair
·              Apply For Marriage License
       Send photographer disc of pics for guest book  <-- going out this weekend
       Water Bottle Labels
P     Put Together Invites
       Mail Out Invites

   Need to Make:
·              Card Box 
        Rhinestone Cake Topper
        Tears Of Joy Packets 
·              Programs
·              “Day Of” wear
·              Emergency Kit
En    Envelope Liners
        I Spy Game Cards
      
   Need to Buy/Order:
·            Clear Labels for Return Address
·              Postage for invitations
·              Pick out other gifts for Bridal Party
·              Sand/ Sand Ceremony Frame set
·              Dave’s wedding band
·              Garter
·              Sparklers, Ribbons & Container
·              Pen for guest book
·              Koozies 
·              Parasols 
·              Flutes & serving set <-- mom is taking care of
·              Solemates – heel covers



No comments:

Post a Comment