Background

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I'm Officially A Mailbox Stalker!

The wedding invitations are out in the mail and hopefully on people's fridges! I'm so in love with them and apparently other people are in love with them too!!

After all the trouble I had making up my mind, finding something I liked and was happy with..I'm loving my decision. We've gotten a lot of compliments on the addressing as well that Dave's mom did. We've even been asked if she would do it as a side job for some I know getting married later this year.

Now that they've been mailed out, I've become even more obsessed with checking the mail than before. We only have one key to our mailbox and I just keep it in my car. I'm now to the point when I get to the main street we live off of, I'm grabbing the key, and going straight to the mailbox when I get home.  We've already gotten 3 or 4 RSVP's back...but today...8 of them...and they were all yes's! I'm so excited!
Some people haven't written little notes saying "We wouldn't miss it." I've had a bunch of people write on my wall letting me know they got the invite in the mail and are looking for something to wear! I love it!! It really just makes me smile!

We even got our wedding gift today! My good friend and mentor from my first news job, Ashley, won't be able to attend because of May being a ratings month in TV (I really didn't even think about it when we sent the date...opps!)  I got home after excitement of 8 RSVP's and walk in the door and there's a box from Target inside. I opened it, and inside a beautiful wrapped gift in Target's logo print on white paper (who knew they had some awesome gift wrap) and inside.. a set of 4 beer glasses!! We love them!! Dave is so excited.. it's one of the things he wanted since he loves beer! Thanks Yarchin! Love ya lots!
 As for the Checklist....it's almost all done!! We got so much done the past week.... Dave's ring has been ordered and is already in!  6 guys have been measured for their tuxes...just waiting on one more. It's all the small things.. music list, picture list, download music I've already selected.  I got to order sand for the sand ceremony. I found pink sand but can't find orange similar to it. It's not really sand.. it's more like thick tiny rocks... I guess that's a good way to explain it. =)  

We should get our guestbook from our photographer this week. She told me she would mail it today. She loves the way it turned out and now I can't wait to see it!!


Need to Do:

  PAY OFF VENDORS
 Meet with Carol for catering 
·            Update flower list with Sandra
·             Download wedding ceremony music  <-- started
·             Meet with DJ – list of “to play” and “not to play” songs
·              Measurements for Guy Tuxs <---6 Guys Measured...1 More to go...
        Make Appointment for Alterations
        Have beads fixed on dress <- Pick up next week!!!!
·              Bridesmaid Order Dresses 
·              Must take picture list < -- started working on
        Send Envelopes to Susanne to be addressed
·              Go to post office to weigh invitation
·              Schedule hair trial <-- had to reschedule, made appointment for Bridal portraits
·              Figure out who’s doing my makeup
·              Apply For Marriage License
       Send photographer disc of pics for guest book  <-- Photographer has ordered!
       Water Bottle Labels
P     Put Together Invites
       Mail Out Invites

   Need to Make:
·              Card Box 
        Rhinestone Cake Topper
        Tears Of Joy Packets 
·              Programs
·              “Day Of” wear
·              Emergency Kit
En    Envelope Liners
        I Spy Game Cards
      
   Need to Buy/Order:
·            Clear Labels for Return Address
·              Postage for invitations
·              Pick out other gifts for Bridal Party
·              Sand/ Sand Ceremony Frame set
·              Dave’s wedding band
·              Garter
·              Sparklers, Ribbons & Container
·              Pen for guest book
·              Koozies 
·              Parasols 
·              Flutes & serving set <-- Mom ordered!
·              Solemates – heel covers



Until next time....  1 month, 4 weeks and 1 day to Mrs.!

No comments:

Post a Comment